Summary of precautions for daily maintenance of UPS (uninterruptible power supply)
Time of issue:2021-05-26
UPS, as a kind of uninterruptible power supply with energy storage device, is mainly used to provide uninterrupted power supply for some equipment that requires high power stability. This article summarizes the methods and precautions in daily UPS maintenance and repairs to help data center operation and maintenance personnel strengthen the management and maintenance of UPS equipment.
1. Inspect twice a day.
2. Check the UPS display and control operation panel, confirm that all the display units on the LCD panel are in normal operation, all the operating parameters of the power supply are within the normal value range, and there is no fault or alarm information in the displayed record. Check whether the signal lights are working properly.
3. Record the UPS operating conditions, voltage and current values every day, and deal with any problems in time.
4. Listen for suspicious changes in noise during operation. If it is a power frequency machine, pay special attention to the noise of the UPS input and output isolation transformers. When there is an abnormal "squeak", there may be poor contact or winding insulation between turns bad. When there is a low-frequency "cymbal sound", the transformer may be biased.
5. Observe whether the filter of the fan is blocked.
6. Keep the exterior of the battery clean.
7. Inspection of battery pack operating status: the operating temperature rises, the battery does not heat up when it is in the floating state. If individual batteries are found to be heated, check the cause immediately and deal with it in time. If the entire battery pack is found to be heated, first check the battery operating status (There is a certain temperature rise for both strong charging and discharging). Whether the floating charge current is too large or the battery pack has an external micro short circuit, the problem should be dealt with in time.
8. Check the connection point of the battery pack, whether the contact is tight, whether there is oxidation, and apply petroleum jelly.
9. Visual inspection: Whether there is mechanical damage, whether there are small animal carcasses in the equipment; whether there is conductive dirt or dust inside the equipment; whether the accumulated dust affects the heat dissipation.
10. Measure the voltage of the battery pack and the voltage of the single battery once a month. The voltage of each battery should be 13.5-14V. If the voltage of the battery is found to be low or uneven, deal with it in time.
11. Simulated mains power failure test: consciously let the battery discharge to the DC bus. After the action is normal, the AC power supply should be restored immediately. The battery should automatically cut off the discharge circuit. The operation time of this test should not exceed 5 minutes. Ensure the UPS output. Intermittently, the simulated power loss test is performed every three months.
12. Check the capacity of the battery once a year. There are two purposes for checking the capacity of the battery: to understand the actual operating capacity of the battery; to activate the battery pack once to make the battery capacity even.
13. Check the mains power supply every year, and take the method of disconnecting the main power supply and the backup power supply from the incoming cabinet to check the integrity of the incoming switch.
14. Perform regular inspections on all UPS switching modules every year, and take the method of disconnecting the mains and bypass power from the power supply line side. While checking whether the switching function of the switching module is accurate, it also checks whether the inverter function is normal. . (You must follow the steps during operation. When the mains and bypass are both disconnected, the output power supply has always been under voltage to be normal).
15. The UPS control system should be checked regularly as follows: Check whether the display of the control display module is consistent with the operation status, and there is no black screen or garbled display. If this phenomenon occurs, replace the display module as soon as possible; check whether the display control screen has abnormal sounds, if any Deal with alarms and other abnormal phenomena in time; check the operation buttons on the display control screen, confirm that the buttons function normally, switch to check related functions and parameters, and report to treatment in case of abnormalities.
16. The UPS uninterruptible power supply should avoid frequent startup and shutdown, and it is best to stay on for a long time. If you really need to shut down, you should restart it more than 5 seconds after shutting down.
17. Check whether the wires from the battery pack to the UPS are aging. If they are aging, replace the wires with the same current-carrying area in time, and try to avoid increasing the length of unnecessary wires.
18. Check whether the mains power supply has been in normal power supply. If the mains power supply has been in normal operation, the UPS uninterruptible power supply has no chance to work, and its battery may be damaged by floating charging for a long time. Therefore, the UPS uninterruptible power supply that has not been used for a long time should be man-made and forced to work regularly, so that the battery can be activated and it can also be checked whether the UPS uninterruptible power supply is in a normal state.
19. Check whether the communication is normal, whether the data is accurate, and deal with abnormal situations in time.
20. Make sure that the connected load capacity does not exceed two-thirds of the UPS power capacity.
21. The work of energy storage batteries is all in the floating state, and it should be charged and discharged regularly. It is advisable to discharge once every 3 months. The discharge should be carried out at least once a year. Before discharging, the battery pack should be balanced and charged to achieve the balance of the whole battery pack.
22. It should be thoroughly cleaned every quarter. Secondly, when removing dust, check whether the connectors and connectors are loose or not in firm contact.
23. When the UPS battery system fails, find out the cause, distinguish whether it is the load or the UPS power system; whether it is the host or the battery pack, and solve it step by step.