You must understand the 4 major steps to replace the old UPS power system!
Time of issue:2021-06-07
UPS power supply is an important equipment to ensure the stability and continuity of power supply. Considering factors such as load conditions, use environment, service life and cost, in order to ensure the reliable, stable and safe operation of the UPS power system, generally large-capacity UPS batteries (for example, 100AH or more) are recommended Replace it every 5 years, depending on the actual situation.
What are the engineering quantities and technical quality requirements for replacing the old UPS power system? UPS power supplies are also electronic equipment. When used for a certain number of years, there will be some aging of electronic components, which will lead to failures. To ensure the safety and reliability of equipment power use, the most direct way is to replace the old UPS Power system.
The general process of replacing the UPS power system is: construction site preparations, removal of the original old UPS host, installation of a new UPS system, equipment startup and commissioning, power supply and distribution line switching, etc. The following is the engineering quantity and technical quality requirements required to replace the UPS power supply:
Ⅰ. Construction preparation
1. After arriving at the construction site, coordinate with the relevant personnel of the owner, receive safety education for safety supervision, conduct surveys of the construction site with professional supervision, and implement the construction content and construction steps.
2. Before construction, complete the relevant work tickets (cold work ticket, electrical isolation work ticket), and the person in charge of construction and the electrician will jointly confirm the power control switch that will be powered off, and the electrical professional will perform power off, tag out, isolation, and lock. And release the isolation lock after completion.
3. The person in charge will explain the construction content, construction steps, and precautions during construction to all construction personnel before construction.
4. Put the materials, tools, instruments and equipment needed for construction in place, and be familiar with the working environment.
Ⅱ. Disassemble the old UPS host
1. Through the PDU power switch, the important load of the existing UPS that needs to be replaced is switched to other UPS systems for operation, and the single power supply equipment is shut down. Turn off the UPS and corresponding switches.
2. Turn off the single power supply device. (This item is the responsibility of the manufacturer or customer)
3. Confirm that the UPS power load is zero, and turn off the UPS host and corresponding switches. (UPS engineer is responsible)
4. Use a multimeter to test that the input, output and battery terminals of the UPS have been disconnected to ensure construction safety.
5. Remove the input, output and battery bus of the UPS host.
Ⅲ. New UPS power system installation
1. Before construction, inspect the appearance, model specification, quantity, logo, label, product certificate, origin certificate, manual, and technical documents of the installed equipment, and check whether the equipment is the original product of the manufacturer.
2. Place the new UPS power supply host at the designated location, lay the UPS system input and output connection lines, and supervise by the on-site engineering and technical personnel to confirm whether the input and output line sequence is correct and whether the cable connection is firm.
3. Connect the input and output lines and the battery connection of the UPS power supply host. After the wiring is completed, the manufacturer's engineer will start, debug, calibrate, and test the new UPS system. After the test is normal, perform the mains power failure simulation and recovery detection.
Ⅳ. Inspection work after UPS battery replacement
1. The site environment of the UPS host room, the placement and connection of the battery.
2. The engineers of UPS power supply manufacturers use special software for UPS equipment to debug and set the battery time parameters of the host to ensure that the battery will not give false alarms during the normal life of the battery.
3. Detect the input and output voltage and current of the UPS power supply host; charging voltage; working status, etc., to ensure that all the detection data meet the required parameter range, and make a record.
4. Confirm that the UPS host and battery are in normal operation, and then conduct a mains power failure test to detect automatic battery switching and battery power supply time.
In order to ensure the safety of the equipment with UPS power supply, it is recommended to replace the battery within a regular service life. The replacement of UPS backup battery has strict technical, safety and related standards and regulations, and relevant safety protection measures must be taken.