The importance and function of UPS power supply in security monitoring system
Time of issue:2021-06-21
In the early stage of the construction of the security monitoring system, almost all the equipment in the monitoring system room was equipped with UPS power supply. Do you know why UPS power is so important in the monitoring system? The following understands the importance and function of UPS power supply in the security monitoring system.
First of all, let's talk about why UPS power supply is used in the security monitoring system. Transient spikes, power surges, and high-voltage pulses occasionally occur during the mains power supply process, causing hardware damage to equipment such as servers, routers, and disk arrays. Harmonic pollution, line-to-line noise, and frequency drift have caused network transmission error rates to increase significantly and data transmission speeds are slow. These are all caused by unstable power supply. These problems can be solved well by using the four major functions of UPS.
Four major functions of UPS
• 1. Non-power failure function-to solve the problem of power outages in the power grid.
• 2. AC voltage stabilization function-can solve the problem of severe fluctuations in network voltage.
• 3. Purification function-to solve the problem of power grid and power pollution.
• 4. Check the battery management parameters in the switching power supply monitoring unit, and whether the relevant parameters are consistent with those in this manual.
The composition of UPS power supply
• 1. UPS host
• 2. Required function keys (such as BCBBOX, etc.)
• 3. Battery
• 4. Supporting battery cabinet/rack, battery switch, etc.
• 5. Functional software (such as lightning protection, monitoring, harmonic control, on-line outgoing, etc.)
Common UPS power supply solutions
1. Centralized power supply mode:
Advantages: It can realize the equipotential control of network equipment resources and reduce the transmission error rate.
Disadvantages: The initial investment is large, and the single machine failure has a large impact.
2. Distributed power supply mode:
Advantages: Flexible plan layout and small failure impact.
Disadvantages: If the entire device cannot maintain the same ground wire, it is easy to cause interference.
3. Stand-alone power supply:
• 1. The simplest one of UPS solutions.
• 2. The capacity of the AC power supply system at each scattered location is mostly below 6KVA.
• 3. Each point of the AC load is independently powered by a UPS to provide power protection.
• 4. The mains usually uses the nearest socket input.
Although my country's power grid transformation has achieved very good results in recent years, power outages are rarely encountered. However, the problems that arise in the process of mains power supply are not only the problem of power outages, but also voltage fluctuations, power surges, transient spikes, harmonic distortion, and so on. Since the computer room of the security monitoring system is a place where data is stored, in the event of a power supply problem, which causes equipment damage or data loss, the amount of loss cannot be estimated. Therefore, UPS power supply has gradually become the standard configuration of security monitoring system.