9 major matters need attention when using UPS
Time of issue:2021-07-16
UPS power supply is a constant voltage and constant frequency uninterruptible power supply with an energy storage device and an inverter as the main component. Mainly used to provide uninterrupted power supply to a single computer, computer network system or other power electronic equipment. This enables the data center to operate in a highly stable environment. When using UPS, data center operation and maintenance personnel need to pay attention to the following basic items:
1. A certain margin should be left in the selection of UPS power supply, and the UPS power supply should work normally at about 70% of the rated load as much as possible. If the load is 2kVA, the UPS power supply should be configured above 3kVA.
2. When using UPS power supply, avoid frequent startup and shutdown, and it is best to keep it on for a long time. Improve the availability of UPS.
3. The newly purchased UPS power supply should be charged and discharged, which is beneficial to prolong the service life of the UPS power supply battery. Generally, constant voltage charging is used, and the initial charging current should not be greater than 0.5*C5A (C5 can be calculated from the rated capacity of the battery), and the voltage of each battery is controlled at 2.30~2.35V to avoid damage to the battery. The charging current remains unchanged for 3 consecutive hours, which proves that the battery is sufficient. The general charging time is 12 to 24 hours.
4. If the mains connection is in a stable state during the UPS use, then the UPS power supply has no chance to work. The internal battery may be damaged in the long-term floating charge state. The UPS power supply should be charged and discharged regularly. It can not only activate the battery, but also check whether the UPS power supply is in normal working condition.
5. Check the UPS power supply regularly, and check the floating charge voltage once a month. If the floating charge voltage is lower than 2.2V, the entire battery pack should be charged equally.
6. Wipe the battery with a soft cloth frequently to keep the surface of the battery clean.
7. Temperature control during the operation of UPS power supply, because the temperature range during the operation of UPS power supply is controlled within 20℃～25℃, so as to extend the service life of UPS power supply battery. In an environment without air conditioning, the temperature control of the UPS power supply is particularly important.
8. The UPS power supply should be charged immediately after use to restore the battery to a normal state.
9. The distance between the external battery pack and the UPS power supply should be as short as possible, and the cross-sectional area of the wire should be as large as possible to increase the conductivity of the wire and reduce the power loss on the line, especially when working with high current, the loss on the line is not to be ignored.